DIY Gifting

Sunday, December 13, 2015

What you will need:
1. Craft paper
2. Packing paper
3. Choice of wrapping paper
4. Watercolors
5. Choice of yarn/string
6. Scissors and tape 
7. Choice of Foliage 

Anything goes! Use whatever you can find in your house for gift toppers. You can even use old Christmas ornaments you no longer want anymore!


 I decided to make my own wrapping paper by buying packing paper from Walmart and using watercolors to paint designs. In this case I used black watercolor paint to draw spruce needles. Some other cute design ideas would be polka-dots, snowflakes, or candy canes. 

 


 I also made my own gift toppers. I used this knitting yarn to make pompoms. I wrapped the yarn around my fingers several times. After I cut the yarn, I cut another small piece to tie between my pompom bundle. Then I cut the bundle loop. 


 This is what you get after you cut the bundle loop. A much more explained pompom tutorial can be found here.




Gift wrapping is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. What most people dread doing is the one thing I thoroughly enjoy about the Holidays. So if you don't want to wrap those presents, send them my way and I am more than happy to do it for you!

I finished my first semester of my last year of college on Thursday. I can't even believe that I only have one more semester to go before I graduate. Bittersweet! During winter break, my family and I are mostly staying home, which I am thankful for. I need some time to reset and peace out from the world!

What are y'all doing for the Holidays?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram