DIY Succulent Plants

Saturday, October 17, 2015







It might be cliché these days to have your own collection of succulents, but these plants are so interesting to me. My dad has a decent variety of succulents that I frequently steal from. But if you don't have access to your dad's garden (or your neighbors, hehe), these plants are very inexpensive and low-maintenance to start your own little succulent garden. 

Succulents can grow in pretty much any container. I've even seen them in wine bottles and tea cups. But I think the best containers for succulents are the ones that I recycle after I burn a candle out. They are the perfect size for your delicate, little plant. You don't even have to be a pro at gardening to pot your own.

First, what you'll need to do is fill up your container with damp soil. Then clip a piece of the succulent that you want. I clipped the top of a lavender one (sorry dad). With your finger, dig a half inch hole and stick your clipping in. Your succulent will grow and expand over time. It really is as simple as it sounds. And the best part about these plants is that you can continue to use their clippings to make more and more succulents.

Make sure you place your succulent next to a sunny window and only water it once a month.

Thanks for reading and Happy Weekend!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Interesting, I didn't know it was that easy to take clippings from them! Definitely gonna see if I can grow and multiply my little collection now, then! Thanks for sharing :D

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound ridiculously easy to grow, I don't know why I haven't tried it before. Now I just need to find a succulent to take clippings from!
    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't find any to take clippings from, they are fairly cheap to buy at their early stages!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Instagram