Clara

Tuesday, September 22, 2015





This month's special guest is my bff, Clara. We met in class and became best friends when we studied abroad in London two summers ago. As soon as you meet Clara for the first time, you immediately feel comforted by her presence. This girl keeps it real. Get to know more about my friend as I interview her about her inspiration and what she likes to do during her free time.

1. Where do you like to go for quiet time?
I like to go outside to walk, run, or just play for quiet/me time. I feel at peace in an undistracted, quiet, secluded, and natural surrounding. As we all know, our lives are busy and a constant struggle to do or be something. Being outside has the opposite effect. It calls you out to slow down, take a deep breath, and know that everything is going to be okay.

2. What do you like to look at for inspiration?
My inspiration comes from observing tiny details found in nature. From the eyes on the bark of an aspen tree to the colors we find in exotic flowers. I truly believe that most art or inspiration in the world is a reflection of what you find in nature.

3. It's the weekend. Where are you going? Who are you with?
My weekend activities depend on what city I am in. But a few things are necessary on any given weekend: eating at a favorite restaurant, sleeping in, drinks, being outside, biking or walking with a loved one, and dancing at every opportunity.

4. What makes you proud to be from Mississippi?
Mississippi is home to our country's music, food, hospitality, art, and American football.  I stand a little taller when people ask me where I am from because most people do not understand the jewel it is and the contribution it has given to our wonderful country. William Faulkner could not have said it better when he said “To understand the world, one must first understand a place like Mississippi.”

5. If you could only keep one garment in your closet, what would it be?
If I had to keep one garment in my closet, it would be my linen, lilac, midi skirt I bought in London while studying abroad. My style is minimalistic with big color statements, so I would pair my lilac skirt with a white top, a beaded multicolored necklace, and neutral sandals.

Photography by Jookie Sanchez.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram